QUITO: Transfer IN / QUITO
Arrival in the city of Quito, reception at the Quito airport by your English-speaking guide. Transfer to the hotel.
Free dinner. Night in Quito
QUITO / City Tour / HALF OF THE WORLD / OTAVALO
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit of the city of Quito; declared by Unesco in 1978 Cultural Heritage of Humanity. Transfer to the Middle of the World, and Lunch included.
We continue our journey crossing a region of lakes and mountains to the north, we arrive at Otavalo, an Andean city with a large indigenous population.
Free dinner. Night in Otavalo.
OTAVALO / Laguna CUICOCHA / Craft market / PEGUCHE / QUITSTATO / QUITO
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to the Cuicocha lagoon (3,200 meters) and its various islets. We continue to the crafts market in the Plaza de Ponchos. Ponchos, handicrafts, hats, jewelry and ceramic objects can be admired and purchased. Visit to the Peguche waterfalls whose population is dedicated to making textiles in an artisanal way. Free lunch. Stop at the Middle of the World in Quitstato, tasting of "biscuits" typical of the Cayambe region, cradle of rose production in Ecuador. Return to Quito.
Free dinner and night in Quito
QUITO / Avenue of the Volcanoes / Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve / RIOBAMBA
• Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to the South along the famous Avenue of the Volcanoes, where we will be able to observe (depending on the climatic conditions) various elevations such as Cotopaxi, Illinizas, among others.
• Lunch Included.
• Continue to the Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve here we can see the highest volcano in Ecuador. El Chimborazo (6 310 m). Walkthrough the Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve.
• Panoramic Visit of the Historical Center of the city.
• Free dinner and night in Riobamba.
RIOBAMBA / ALAUSI TRAIN "The Devil's Nose" / INGAPIRCA / CUENCA
• Breakfast at the hotel. From Alausí you will get on the Andes train, to go to the "Devil's Nose", where the train descends in a zigzag due to the important slope on the side of the mountain. Lunch included in a traditional restaurant. Continue to the South, we will cross typical Andean landscapes, and go to the ruins of Ingapirca, the most important Inca construction in Ecuador. At the end of the afternoon arrival in Cuenca and transfer to the hotel. Night in Cuenca.
CUENCA / City tour / Museum of Aboriginal Cultures / Free time or orchid plantation / CUENCA
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning you will visit the beautiful city of Cuenca, a jewel of Spanish colonial architecture built on the ruins of the Inca town of Tomebamba. Lunch at a local restaurant. Then visit the Aboriginal Culture Museum that has the best archaeological collection in the city.
In the afternoon the group can choose between free time to spend a walk (without a guide) through the city or a visit to a famous orchid plantation located in Gualaceo with the guide (admission not included of $ 5). Night in Cuenca
CUENCA / Toquilla straw hat factory “panama” / Passage through El Cajas / GUAYAQUIL: city tour / GUAYAQUIL
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to a manufactory of toquilla straw hats and its museum. Departure from Cuenca to continue towards the Pacific coast. I pass through the El Cajas National Park and its lake at 4,000 meters above sea level: La Toredora. Free lunch. In the afternoon arrival in Guayaquil, the main port of the country and visit of the Malecon 2000, Seminario park where you can see iguanas, the Government Palace Cathedral and the Las Peñas neighborhood, Night in Guayaquil.
GUAYAQUIL: Transfer OUT
• Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to take your flight to the Galapagos or return international flight.
END OF THE CIRCUIT