INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT / Quito Airport / Transfer Hotel Tababela area
• Arrival of your International flight and transfer service to the Hotel located in the Airport Sector.
Tababela Zone / Flight to AGRIO LAKE «Amazonia Cuyabeno» / JAMU LODGE
• Breakfast at the Hotel
• Transportation Service to the Airport to take your flight to Lago Agrio Approximate time 09H00 (journey of 50 min)
• Arrival at Lago Agrio and entrance to the Cuyabeno Nature Reserve.
• Transfer by motorized canoe to the lodge. 2H navigation.
• Lunch-box lunch included.
Here the naturalist guide will give information about the Reserve, important recommendations and other tips to start the two-hour navigation on the Cuyabeno river from Jamu Lodge. During the canoe ride you will get a first look at the jungle and you will be able to observe different types of birds such as caciques, orioles and the prehistoric Hoatzin bird. You may also be able to see a variety of monkeys and other jungle animals, depending on the weather.
• Arrival at the lodge in the afternoon and settle in the room.
• At the end of the day and go swimming in the lagoon and see a beautiful sunset in the middle of the Laguna Grande.
• Dinner included and night at the lodge.
AMAZONIA / CUYABENO «Jamu Lodge»
• Breakfast at the lodge.
• You can choose between these 2 excursion options:
- Walkthrough the primary forest (approx. 3 to 4 hours). The guide will give explanations about the tropical forest and medicinal plants. You can also see large trees like CEIBO or small insects like ants.//
- Departure by canoe in the morning for an encounter and cultural exchanges with families from the Tarapuy community. The journey lasts about an hour, there we can learn how to prepare Casabe, a traditional Yuca bread. You will participate in its preparation, learning the materials of the jungle that are used to make this bread.
• Return to the lodge for lunch.
• In the afternoon, departure to observe the beautiful butterflies and swim in the lagoon. If possible we will be able to observe the beautiful brushed dolphins. And enjoy the stunning sunset.
• Dinner at the lodge.
• Night out by Canoe for an alligator observation.
AMAZONIA / CUYABENO «Jamu Lodge» / QUITO:
• Breakfast at the hotel
• Early in the morning before breakfast, departure for a bird-watching excursion. This excursion starts early in the morning at 04:00 am, the passenger will decide whether or not to do it.
• Return by canoe to the entrance of the Reserve and transfer to Lago Agrio.
• Return Flight from Lago Agrio - Quito
• Transfer to the hotel located in the city of Quito to continue with the fixed departure program.
• Arrival in the city of Quito. Reception at the Quito airport by your guide.
• Passengers with pre-extension will meet regular passengers at the fixed departure for semi-private transfer. Option of a private transfer to the hotel (+ $ 50 / pers)
• Transfer to the hotel.
• Free dinner. Night in Quito
QUITO / City Tour / HALF OF THE WORLD / OTAVALO
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit of the city of Quito; declared by Unesco in 1978 Cultural Heritage of Humanity. Transfer to the Middle of the World, and Lunch included
We continue our journey crossing a region of lakes and mountains to the north, we arrive at Otavalo, an Andean city with a large indigenous population.
Free dinner. Night in Otavalo.
OTAVALO / Laguna CUICOCHA / Craft market / PEGUCHE / QUITSTATO / QUITO
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to the Cuicocha lagoon (3,200 meters) and its various islets. We continue to the crafts market in the Plaza de Ponchos. Ponchos, handicrafts, hats, jewelry and ceramic objects can be admired and purchased. Visit to the Peguche waterfalls whose population is dedicated to making textiles in an artisanal way.
Stop at the site of the Middle of the World in Quitstato, tasting of "biscuits" typical of the Cayambe region, cradle of rose production in Ecuador. Return to Quito
Free dinner and night in Quito
QUITO / Avenue of the Volcanoes / Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve / Riobamba
• Breakfast at the hotel. Departure to the South along the famous Avenue of the Volcanoes. Continue to the Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve where we can see the highest volcano in Ecuador. El Chimborazo (6 310 m). Lunch included. Walkthrough the Chimborazo Wildlife Reserve.
RIOBAMBA / ALAUSI TRAIN "The Devil's Nose" / INGAPIRCA / CUENCA
• Breakfast at the hotel. From Alausí you will get on the Andes train, direction to the "Devil's Nose", where the train descends in a zigzag due to the important slope on the side of the mountain. Lunch included in a traditional restaurant. Continuation towards the South, we cross typical Andean landscapes, We go to the ruins of Ingapirca, the most important Inca construction in Ecuador. At the end of the afternoon arrival in Cuenca and transfer to the hotel. Night in Cuenca
CUENCA / City tour / Museum of Aboriginal Cultures / Free time or orchid plantation / CUENCA
Breakfast at the hotel. In the morning visit the beautiful city of Cuenca, a jewel of Spanish colonial architecture built on the ruins of the Inca town of Tomebamba. Lunch at a local restaurant. Then visit the Aboriginal Culture Museum that has the best archaeological collection in the city.
In the afternoon the group can choose between free time to spend a walk (without a guide) through the city or a visit to a famous orchid plantation located in Gualaceo with the guide (admission not included of $ 5). Night in Cuenca. Free dinner
CUENCA / Toquilla straw hat factory “panama” / Passage through El Cajas / GUAYAQUIL: city tour / GUAYAQUIL
Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to a manufactory of toquilla straw hats and its museum. Departure from Cuenca to continue towards the Pacific coast. I pass through the El Cajas National Park and its lake at 4,000 meters above sea level: La Toredora. Free lunch. In the afternoon arrival in Guayaquil, the main port of the country and visit of the Malecon 2000, Seminario park where you can see iguanas, the Government Palace Cathedral and the Las Peñas neighborhood, Night in Guayaquil.
GUAYAQUIL: Transfer OUT to the Airport for the International flight
• Breakfast at the hotel. Transfer to the airport to take your flight to the Galapagos or return international flight.