CUSCO / PUERTO MALDONADO / ECOAMAZONIA LODGE - COCHA CAIMÁN:
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer to the Cusco airport to take your flight to Puerto Maldonado (approximately 55 min flight).
- Arrival at the Puerto Maldonado airport. Upon arrival in Puerto Maldonado, the Capital of Biodiversity of Peru, we will meet you at the airport. Then we will start our program, with a bus tour of the city.
- Then we will go to the Puerto Capitanía, where our boat will wait for us in which we will navigate the Bajo Madre de Dios River (Serpenteante River), until we reach our hostel, located thirty kilometers from the city of Puerto Maldonado.
- On the way, you will be able to observe rural land for agricultural and livestock activities near the city.
- If the weather is favorable, you will see colorful plants such as the giant-flowered heliconia, and the possibility of observing animals, such as ronsocos, alligators, aquatic turtles, herons, cormorants, carrion birds and birds of prey.
- Upon arrival at our hostel, you will be greeted with a delicious nectar of tropical Amazon fruits and taken to your comfortable room (bungalow), reserved for the occasion.
- Once installed, a hearty included lunch will await you in our cozy, rustic-designed dining room.
- In the afternoon, you will be led by our specialized guide through an interpretive trail conveniently signposted towards the Cocha Caimán, a small lagoon where you will have the possibility of observing the black and white caymans, efficient predators located at the top of the food chain, that live off the abundant water fauna of the lake, represented by fish species.
- At the end of the afternoon, you will see the spectacular sunset in the Amazon, an experience full of color in ranges and overwhelming intensities.
- Upon returning to the hostel, a delicious dinner will be waiting for you and you will have free time to share unforgettable moments in our bar, equipped with an excellent table games room and provided with all the drinks you can imagine.
- The nocturnal fauna will take care of lulling you with the melody of an infinity of songs and voices of various birds.
ECOAMAZONIA LODGE: LAKE APU VICTOR - MONOS ISLAND:
- The birds of paradise will sing to wake you up renewed. A succulent breakfast included will provide you with the necessary energy for a morning full of new experiences.
LAKE APU VICTOR:
- After breakfast, we will start a walk into the deep forest, following prepared trails, conveniently preserved and signposted.On the way, we will cross the riparian forest towards higher forests, and then we will descend to flood forests, to go up again to hill forests. During the journey, we will witness the most varied range of species of flora and fauna in the wild.
- Along the way, we will identify species of fruit, forest and medicinal trees that support animal and human populations in the Amazon forests. Among these stand out the aguaje, the mahogany, the chestnut, the catahua, the cedar, the cético, the copaiba, the shihuahuaco.
- With luck and in silence, you will be able to spot larger mammals, such as the sachavaca and the huangana; rodents like the giant otter, the ronsoco, the majaz and the armadillo; primates such as the preserve or howler monkey and the leoncillo, black martin or cappuccino; reptiles like iguana and jergón; amphibians such as the toad and birds such as the woodcock, the partridge, the golden parakeet and the blue, yellow and red macaw.
- In the rain forest you will appreciate insects such as butterflies (Lepidoptera), beetles (Coleoptera), crickets, cicadas, ants, centipedes and millipedes of various species.
- We arrive at the majestic Lake Apu Víctor surrounded by immense swamps and gigantic trees. Amazon viewpoint (huge observation platform), from which you will enjoy a panoramic view of the lake, observing Parrots, Macaws, Toucans, Camungos, Shanshos, Herons and other animals such as Alligators, Turtles, etc.
- Varieties of fish enter Lake Apu Víctor with the floods of the rainy season (increasing). In addition, there are other species of fauna associated with the lake, such as the motelo, the matamata, the charapita de aguajal, the friar, the chozna, the red deer, the añuje and the giant otters of the Amazon Jungle.
- On the way back to the hostel, a restorative lunch will be waiting for you.
- In the afternoon, accompanied by our specialized guide, we will visit the Monkey Island, located a few minutes from the hostel in the heart of the Madre de Dios River. This island displays a huge variety of lush flora and is home to numerous primate specimens, such as the maquisapa, the capuchin, and the leoncillo. In addition to other small mammal species, such as the coati (Nasua), the squirrel and a huge variety of colorful birds.
- Finally, we will complete our visit of the island, enjoying the sunset, with the most impressive sunset in the jungle.
- Back at the hostel, you can enjoy an exquisite dinner included.
ECOAMAZONIA LODGE: COCHA PERDIDA
- The magic begins with the songs of birds of the Amazonian paradise, waking up with the song of the howler monkey. A succulent breakfast included will provide you with the necessary energy for a morning full of new experiences.
- After breakfast, we will start an adventure through the virgin jungle, accompanied by our local guide, we will take a walk into the deep forest: we will travel prepared trails of our interpretive circuit very well preserved. On the way, we will cross temporary water courses called pipes, through bridges in very good condition and we will witness the widest range of species of flora and fauna in the wild. We will know a great variety of ornamental plants of incomparable beauty.
- On the way to the Lost Lake, we will identify species of fruit, forest and medicinal trees that support animal populations in the Amazon forests.
- With luck, we will be able to see larger mammals such as the jaguar or otorongo, the sachavaca and the huangana; rodents like the giant otter, the ronsoco, the majaz and the armadillo; primates such as the preserve or howler monkey and the puffin; reptiles like iguana and jergón; amphibians such as the toad and birds such as the woodcock, the partridge, the golden parakeet and the red, blue and yellow macaw.
- The rivers leave behind wetland systems, lakes and meanders, such as the spectacular Cocha Perdida.
- Wetlands play an extremely important ecological role, as they represent a substantial biological focus with endemic species. They are a refuge for mammals. These aguajales make up seventy percent of the area that Eco Amazonía Lodge protects and restores.
- The presence of aguaje is very important for Amazonian ethnic groups. It is a mystery plant. The aguaje is the mother of the forest or tree of life.
- The aguajal houses jealous guardians such as the feline jaguar considered son of the aguajal, the anaconda, the largest snake in the world, the owl that sees everything from its dwelling at the top of its glass to deliver relief to all evils, and the alligator Black guardian who punishes whoever dares to knock down the feminine waste.
- Once in the Lost Lake (COCHA PERDIDA), we will ascend to a huge observation platform. From this viewpoint, you will appreciate the enormous surface that this magical place encompasses, where you can appreciate two types of aguajales: dense and mixed.
- Then we will take a pleasant walk around the Lost Cocha and if you are lucky, you will be able to spot the “giant otter” Pteronurabrasiliensis, the largest of its kind and one of the most impressive animals in the Amazon.
- Returned at the hostel you can enjoy an exquisite lunch included.
- In the afternoon, free to take pictures around the hostel, you will also have the possibility to visit the botanical garden and observe our medicinal and fruit plants.
- In the evening you can taste our delicious dinner included. If your body allows it, you can enjoy a fun night in our bar and games room.
ECOAMAZONIA LODGE / PUERTO MALDONADO / LIMA:
- After a night of rest, the powerful voice of the howler monkey will warn you. A delicious breakfast is waiting for you in our dining room, before starting your return to Puerto Maldonado.
- Transfer to the Ecoamazonia office to collect your things.
- At the indicated time, transfer to the Puerto Maldonado airport to take your plane back to Lima (approximately 2h50 with a stopover in Cusco).
- Free lunch.
- Arrival at Lima airport.
- Transfer and installation at the hotel.
- Free dinner.
- Hotel night in Lima.
LIMA: International departure
Breakfast at the hotel. At the agreed time, transfer to the Lima airport to take your international flight. Assistance for suitcase registration formalities.